Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9th (Or "my ears are ringing")

Past few weeks have been rough, as I've stated in the past few posts. Life has given me a full dish. School has taken less and less priority in my life, as I've been dealing with people problems. These people problems have pushed me to the brink of exhaustion, pricked my conscience, and probably destroyed any hope of me being able to focus on school. I've been up night after night talking to myself (mentally, I'm not that crazy) trying to figure out what's going on. So many things have been happening, it has become difficult to get a grip on reality. Highs and lows come cheap; I want some sort of middle ground, a happy medium. I'd rather be pleasantly bored than stuck on this emotional rollercoaster.
I've been thinking about expectations. It seems that every person has an image that they feel they need to attain or maintain. My personal image: Get through highschool, get through college, get a good job, get a family... getgetgetgetget. I'd much rather give, but that is becoming increasingly more difficult due to the first condition. And I think that is pretty much true across the board. Of course, there are those exceptions; the kids who rise above the masses and somehow manage in their blip of an existence to make a difference. The problem with that? Not everyone is a superchild. The average teenager isn't Bill Gates, dropout or not.
Ah well. Let me try writing about something that isn't me:






Can't think of anything. I'm such a narcissist.
kmushu

I said "I" 19 times during this post. Oh wait. 21.


No comments:

Post a Comment