Monday, August 8, 2011

God is Perfect. People are Stupid.

One of my friends said "God is perfect. People are stupid." It hit me. I just thought it was a perfect summation of reality. God really is perfect, and people are just plain dumb. We are offered amazing grace, yet we shy away, hanging on to what we have here. I actually saw a good illustration in a random TV show. Two of the characters were talking about a study one of them did. The study was this: children were given a nickle and promised a dime the next day if they gave the nickle back. (No, that's not a band reference. I hate Nickleback.) That's exactly what we're doing. God promises so much, but we cling to what we have here. I know I personally am guilty of it. All the freakin' time.
We have the mentality of Children. We find it so hard to give up things. "It's MINE." "I worked for it." I need to work on being less materialistic. Now I'm not saying we're not to enjoy the things God has given us here, far from it. We just need to remember that there are much greater things in store.
Kmushu

No comments:

Post a Comment