Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Prepping for the year
Well, we are coming near to the dreaded "End of Summer." DUHN DUN DUH Scary music! Personally, I'm ready for summer to be over. Now, I'm not necessarily ready for school to start, but that's a different matter. I'm beginning to gather the supplies needed to survive through my last year in high school, like pens, pencils, paper, and a good bit of loud music. School for me starts the 16th. I've noticed that every school year starts the same. You get back, you enjoy the first couple days, catch up with people you avoided during the summer, then 2 weeks later you think, "Dangit. I should've done [Insert something awesome here] during the summer!" Like that roadtrip with your buddies you never took, the quest for the perfect hamburger, or pranking Richard Stallman into thinking you're microsoft lackeys trying to kidnap him. Or was that an xkcd? (http://xkcd.com/225/) I'm personally looking forward to this school year. For one, I can blog about it! :D For another, senior year is pretty much the summation of everything you've learned through highschool. You apply everything you've learned in (and sometimes out of) school. And of course, there's perks to being a senior. You get a special trip, you get the awe inspiring title... But also, I mean, it's my LAST YEAR. Meh. I'll take this year as it comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment